Salford, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Process Safety Engineer Competitive salary plus private health care and contributory pension scheme
Job location: Manchester, UK
We are actively recruiting to a Process Safety Engineer on behalf of a large, well known organisation based in Manchester, who manufacture a range of products for the confectionery, brewing, beverage, dairy and bakery sectors. The Process Safety Engineer will champion and lead the execution at a site level of the Process Safety Risk Management program to reduce risk of identified High Hazardous Processes and understand and control process hazards.
* Develop into a subject matter expert on Process Safety Risk Management (PSRM) standards, processes, methods and regulatory requirements and coordinate and drive execution of the PSRM activities on site, with a key focus on the identified High Hazardous Processes (HHPs) in order to develop and sustain a Process Safety Risk Management system
* Identify, understand and control process hazards and manage risk, preventing serious process safety events * Provide leadership/coordination & hands-on support in the execution of all PSRM related activities on site to deploy the process safety risk management system
* Apply new PSRM standards and facilitate the use of processes, methods and tools (PSI, PRA, PSSR, MOC) for existing processes and during the process design of new processes
* Develop the PSRM knowledge of the site and provide training aligned with corporate policy
* Track site process safety performance through auditing & measuring
* Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering degree, Masters preferred
* Proven process engineering experience gained in a manufacturing/production environment
* Understanding of industry best practices in process safety management backed up with relevant industry training (for example CCPS PSM training)
* Experience in providing training on technical or safety aspects
* Knowledge of carrying out process risk assessments or LOPA leader
* Proven success in developing, implementing and leading safety initiatives and project plans
* Experience working with an overall management system (e.g. ISO 14001)
* Knowledge of UK & European Process Safety standards and requirements is a plus (DSEAR, CE, ATEX) * Passionate about safety process improvement with a high level of drive for achievement
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
This is an opportunity to work with a market leader; offering excellent opportunities for development and progression.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail feel free to contact or 0161 707 1516.
Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.