North West England, England
£33000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + Company Benefits
7 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Process Operator to join our client's Manchester site on a Permanent basis.
Reporting into the Team Shift Coordinator, the process operator will operate processes in a controlled safe and environmentally compliant manner to achieve the business requirements and serve the needs of customers. He/she will endeavour that the process is operated in the most efficient manner and look to resolve issues in a proactive manner.
- Ensure standards for health and safety are maintained.
- Ensure the process is controlled and maintained to remain within all operational safety and design limits.
- Isolate and prepare process plant for maintenance activities.
- Participate in behavioural safety program
- Daily monitoring and review of process performance both from DCS and in plant
- Ensure production targets are met including yield efficiencies and area KPI's
- Using DCS computerised Screens to monitor and control plant in line with daily goals
- Maintaining and improving housekeeping standards
- Assisting other team members as required
- Taking samples of products
- Basic laboratory checks on product
- Completing written records detailing information for ISO and Food Safety Standards
- Front line maintenance activities
- Strong experience in centrally controlled process operation environment using computerised screens to monitor and control a plant
- Proven experience in production
- Excellent understanding of Food Safety and Quality Standards, and Health and Safety
- 5 GCSE's grade A-C (including English and Maths) or equivalent
- Strong communication skills and ability to coach colleagues
- IT literate
- Proactive attitude, and willingness to be accountable for performance
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
- Awareness of 'TQM' principles and 'TQM' in practice (Reliability Excellence)
- In process analysis experience
- Front line maintenance experience, preferably proved in a process plant environment
- Levels 2/ 3 in Process Operation
- Basic chemistry knowledge, GCSE or equivalent
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist