Trafford, Greater Manchester
competitive benefits package
8 days ago
Job Title: Process Operator
Salary: Competitive; with leading benefits package
Location: Trafford Park
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
Cargill's Manchester sweeteners plant is a production facility at the hub of the UK food and beverage industries. The plant and offices located in Manchester are part of the Cargill starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners and wheat proteins for food customers. These include customers in the confectionery, brewing, beverage, dairy and bakery sectors.
The main responsibility of the Process Operator is to be part of a team of skilled process operators responsible for the manufacture of glucose syrups in a controlled safe and environmentally compliant manner to achieve the business requirements and serve the needs of Cargill's customers. The Process Operator will ensure the process is operated in the most efficient manner and will resolve issues proactively. The Operator will work shifts and will interact closely with other operators on site on the Wheat and Ethanol plant. The operator will report to the Team Shift Coordinator.
The key responsibilities for the Process Operator are:
- Ensure internal and legislative health and safety/ food safety standards are maintained at all times
- To be an active participant in the behavioural safety program, proactively raising any health and safety issues
- Using DCS Computerised Screens to monitor and control plant in line with daily production goals
- Ensure production targets are met including but not limited to yield
- Completing written records detailing information for ISO and Food Safety Standards
- Taking samples of products
- Basic laboratory checks on product
- Front line maintenance activities raising maintenance orders to rectify maintenance issues
- Maintaining and improving housekeeping standards
- Partake continuous improvement activities (5Why, 5S, Operator Care, IDEX)
- Strong experience of a centrally controlled process operation environment using computerised screens to monitor and control a plant
- Proven experience in a process plant environment and willing to undertake manual tasks
- Excellent understanding and practical application of health and safety, food safety and quality standards for yourself and other colleagues
- You will be able to demonstrate sound plant operational skills involving in-process analysis, for example pH and density monitoring, basic understanding of Chemistry would be advantageous
- Basic front-line maintenance experience in a process plant environment
- Level 2/3 in Process Operations would be advantageous, support will be available to help toward obtaining this
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible and able to show a sound social approach to the company and other employees. You will be able to work as part of a team with the capability to learn several jobs and have plant problem solving ability, as well as being able to communicate well with other employees. You will be able to work under pressure and apply yourself conscientiously. The position involves 12 hour shifts following a shift rota.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today. Anne Oxton is the Consultant managing this role. For more information contact Anne on 0161 707 1516 or email
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill's recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Anne Oxton via 0161 707 1516. If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact