£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
9 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global organisation with a commitment to continuous improvement as the Process Improvement Engineer for the plant.
The successful candidate will support the plant production team to identify and run continuous improvement projects to improve processes and plant assets, that help run the plant more efficiently, eliminate/reduce variants and ensure a continuous improvement philosophy is driven in to the plant.
* To ensure compliance with all EHS legislation and standards including awareness of the sites Environmental permit and the operation conditions and limit within the permit
* Identifying opportunities and perform business case analysis and engineering design to address cost saving opportunities including, process yield analysis, advanced troubleshooting techniques in crushing processes, embedding best practice in refining, monitoring and reporting energy efficiency data and trends and thinking of creative ways to save energy in the process
* Improve processes through implementing modifications of existing equipment, conducting de-bottlenecking studies, identifying best practice and external opportunities to improve processes
* Co-ordinating multi-functional teams to manage process improvement projects through to delivery
* Support the manufacturing team to trouble shoot process issues, using recognised problem solving tools e.g. Kaizen, Lean 6 Sigma, RCA
* Track and control key performance indicators including costs, chemical usage, energy, yields, and operational standards.
* Create process documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and risk assessments to control the implementation of new processes, new equipment and design changes
* Become a department technical expert and identify ways to optimise and improve production performance and ensure knowledge is transferred not only locally but also throughout the business
* Develop a strong technical network within the organisation
* Provide Process Engineering support for capital projects including input into budget plans for tooling and capital expenditure and commissioning activities
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in either Chemical Engineering, Process Management or Mechanical Engineering
* Ability to work safely and embed a strong safety culture
* Proven process improvement engineering experience from a heavy industrial processing background (e.g. Chemicals, Heavy Pharmaceuticals, Biofuels, Food/feed)
* Good working knowledge of production management, understanding of plant processes and operational needs
* Proven hands-on knowledge of and passion for continuous improvement and problem solving techniques e.g. Kaizen, Lean 6 Sigma, RCA
* Lean Manufacturing at Green Belt level or above would be advantageous
* Experience with data management tools and systems, including but not limited to Pi, Minitab, RtDuet and Microsoft Excel would be preferred
* Proven project management experience would be useful
* Demonstrated ability to influence others and work with multifunctional teams and personnel.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience
* Strong drive and commitment to professional development
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist