£25000 - £48000 per annum + good benefits
2 days ago
Role: Process Engineer - 1x Liquid Effluent Treatment Systems and 1 x Gaseous Effluent Treatment Systems - Hinkley 'C' nucelar New build project
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of m4/m5 junction
Salary: £25000 - £48000 + good benefits
Start date: February 2019 on wards (due to need to obtain BPSS level security clearance)
An exciting opportunity exists for an ambitious Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer with experience of contract management and liquid effluent treatment or gaseous effluent treatment systems / plant to work as an Equipment Engineer for our prestigious client, helping to design and build the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
The Effluent Treatment System Process / Equipment Engineers are in charge of the system documents containing all the information on the design and the operation of their systems (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C). She/He is responsible for writing the system design manuals (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C) and updating them.
Previous nuclear industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential for the role.
Based on the specification transmitted to our client for the system, the preliminary safety report and the engineering guidelines, the system engineer:
1. Prepares the System Design Manual, including:
- Describes the system, its role and missions (including the safety missions)
- Carries out the operational design of the system
- Carries out the sizing for the system
- Drives the mechanical draughtsmen for the production of the Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and checks the technical consistency of the latter
- Ensures the proper integration of the P&ID in the 3D model (verifies the 2D/3D consistency)
- Writes the C&I requirements
- Supports the Equipment Engineer to survey the documents produced by the equipment suppliers
- Populates all the "system" databases
2. Establishes/updates the safety classification of the components of the system
3. Update the PCSR (Pre-Construction Safety Report) chapter related to their system
4. Ensures the proper integration of the P&ID in the 3D model (verifies the 2D/3D consistency)
5. Supports the Equipment Engineer to survey the documents produced by the equipment suppliers
6. Writes the tests and commissioning documents
7. Manages modifications related to the system:
- Receives the change requests issued by the various external parties
- Verifies the consistency of these modifications, systematically challenges their necessity
- Provides information for the decision on the modification implementation prior to including them in the system documentation
- Develops technical solutions and presents them to the client to help resolve their technical issues
- Consults with the client
These activities are performed in interaction with departments based near Paris.
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree or other suitably qualification in Mechanical or chemical engineering or similar
- Knowledge on atomic and nuclear engineering is a bonus. Experience gained in other 'heavy' industries (e.g. oil, gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, ships, submarines) will also be favourably considered.
- Knowledge of / experience in Mechanics, Chemistry, thermo-hydraulic and / or C&I is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the UK regulations related to Waste Treatment desirable but not essential
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package, as well excellent career development and advancement opportunities, and the chance to become part of a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction