Up to £22.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson International is looking for Process Engineer for our client based in Stevenage.
- Support to Product Lead Engineers in periods of high workload.
- Support process owners with Non Conformance resolution and operational activities.
- Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis as required.
- Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
- Support in the production of deviation plans / re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts / tooling required to carry them out.
- Act as the Project Safety Engineer and lead critical handling activities.
- Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
- Execute the shipping process, co-ordination with logistics and operations, and creation of transfer tasks (With support from the Process Owners).
- Design of day to day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
- Support to R&D (RDWR process execution)
- Training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
- Responsible for ensuring that working modes and processes are standardised, optimised, current & monitored.
- Support new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical systems. Including but not limited to:-
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Support to production
- Mechanical processes including detailed assembly and fitting.
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Be competent with multiple composite wrap rolling processes.
- Carbon winding and hand lay up of composites.
- Trimming of composites and a good understanding of Autoclave curing.
- High mechanical skills and relevant experience.
- Procedures and process control.
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
- Work overtime and occasional shifts.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process.
- Practical and proactive.
- Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Experience in writing engineering documents.
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
- Good planning skills and process competence, (MRP system experience an advantage).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience of telecoms payload builds is a distinct advantage.
- Good time management.
- Experience of Lean engineering
- Clean room experience
- Aerospace experience
- Mechanical design / validation / experience
- FMEA Experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
- Rudimentary understanding of RF properties and associated risks.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.