23 days ago
Process Engineer x 3 , Contract , Stoke Gifford
To provide engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects. Work will be directed and supervised by the Technical Lead and/or Functional Lead for the relevant task or project.
- Working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles.
- Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
- Supervising designers in the production of drawings and engineering models.
- Producing technical Scopes of Work.
- Producing technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
- Carrying out design risk assessments.
- Reviewing design changes.
- Assessing concessions and technical queries.
- Raising design quality plans for single discipline work packages.
- Preparing designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables.
- Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred. HND/HNC as a minimum.
- Member of one or more relevant professional institutions or proactively working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or Scientist status. Note that some science institutes may work to different "professional accreditation" models.
Demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering/technical topics.
Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry experience preferred.