Up to £30.00 per hour
7 months ago
Our Client, BAe Systems, have a requirement for a Contract Process Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
A challenging opportunity has arisen at a Munitions facility for a temporary contract Process Engineer, working within a multi-disciplined team involved in the design, manufacture and support of new products.
This role will report directly to the Senior Process Engineer.
The role is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning and qualification.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in manufacturing process development with a working knowledge of PLC controlled manufacturing systems.
Many processes involve the control of powders, liquids or slurries through pressing, casting or extrusion processes therefore knowledge of materials technology or fluids is desirable but not essential. Other processes involve assembly of high precision components.
Specific duties will include the identification and management of process technical requirements, implementation of Safe Systems of Work in line with Company and Statutory requirements and the technical control of the commissioning and qualification process. An important part of the role will be the support of Continuous Improvement activities on existing products and processes, which will involve the planning and introduction of process changes in a controlled and timely manner.
Applicants must be self-motivated, able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills, have good technical and manufacturing understanding, show initiative and be able to work under pressure.
A good knowledge of statistical techniques for measuring process capability and maintaining process control would be an advantage, including an understanding of Six-Sigma tools and the ability to develop, establish and maintain capable production processes.
Experience of general manufacturing and engineering processes and techniques is essential.
* Plan and manage manufacturing process development activities within capital budgets, whilst providing solutions and processes that are robust, timely, and cost effective which meet with customer expectations.
* To coordinate development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment.
* To coordinate and manage a project data file capturing salient data including design and rationale, trials data, process definition including drawings and specifications, certification and safety data. This data is to be controlled through the company's Product Lifecycle Management system, Teamcenter.
* To develop robust manufacturing processes implementing industry standard controls that ensure long term process stability including: Lean principles, PCPs, PFMEAs.
* Lead and support a number of activities including process reviews, capability studies, Safe System of Work, preparation and compilation of progress reports.
* To carry out Risk Assessments on processes and equipment, in a high hazard industry. This will include general risk assessments and more specific assessments, such as DSEAR assessments involving ATEX rated equipment.
* Interacting with installation contractors to ensure a safe working environment is maintained during plant upgrades.
* To specify technical requirements of new process equipment and support qualification and introduction into production use by Manufacturing Operations.