Up to £50 per hour + Ltd/Umbrella company
6 months ago
BAE Systems Barrow are recruiting a number of Process Development Engineers in support of a new development programme perform the following tasks:
* To assist/lead in the development, continuous improvement and roll out of processes, procedures and standards ensuring all interfaces with other areas are identified and embedded.
* To assist/lead in embedding agreed performance indicators/metrics for monitoring the effectiveness of processes.
* To assist/lead in the implementation of agreed Plans for the development of processes.
* To generate Compliance cross-reference/process maps which demonstrate how processes comply with requirements.
* To utilise best practice methodologies, process framework models and processes e.g. Systems Engineering methodologies.
* To ensure that processes comply with legal and contractual requirements.
* To carry out internal validation/verification activities to ensure that requirements have been met and the expected outcome is delivered.
* Facilitate process development/mapping activities and workshops.
* To assist/lead in investigation/development activities within own function (e.g. value mapping) to continually improve working practices and procedures.
Some or all of the following knowledge and experience is required:
Demonstrated business knowledge in Submarine Solutions or relevant manufacturing and engineering
Experience of working in a development function
Knowledge of Engineering or Submarines business processes
Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g HNC /Foundation Degree/ Engineering Degree)
Stakeholder Management, Basic Leadership and Problem Solving/Analysis experience
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.