US$95000.00 - US$105000.00 per annum
5 months ago
B.S. Engineering or related technological field, Chemical Engineering preferred
Professional Engineer certification is desirable, but not required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance
* Advanced knowledge of sound engineering principles and practices
* Advanced understanding of computer configuration, programming, and networking/communications
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with regular priority changes
* Ability to travel to remote locations - up to 50%
* Ability to work independently, but willing to seek guidance when needed
* Self-discipline to work from home and meet required project targets with limited guidance
* Ability to interact and work with a wide variety of client personnel from plant operators to vice presidents
* Experience with working in industrial environments and following client defined safety requirements
* Depending on experience and skill level, the preferred qualified candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks/capabilities:
* Performs specialized technical work which may involve development of systems engineering, distributive and/or computer controls of processes.
* Implements basic design and specifications for control systems and associated instrumentation.
* Develops and implements new control concepts as required.
* Keeps project leadership informed of changes to scope and deviations from contract
* Develops, updates, and maintains technical project and design documentation, to include I/O Lists, data maps, and cause & effect matrices, functional/control narratives, instrument indexes, module lists, and bills of material.
* Understands, develops/modifies, implements, & supports complex control systems including:
o Familiarity with P&ID's, Logic Diagrams, Cause / Effect matrices, and Functional Narratives
o System development / configuration / integration
o Test procedure development
o Cutovers/loop checks
o Startup assistance/trouble shooting
o Operations/maintenance training
Platform experience not required, but strongly preferred. In particular:
o DCS (Delta V), 3+
o PLC (Allen Bradley preferred, plus others)
o HMI (WonderWare and Rockwell preferred, plus others)
o Other (ROC, Omni, plus others)