30 days ago
PROCESS CHEMIST (ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENT DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE)
The client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But were more than one of the worlds leading pharmaceutical companies. The client is proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Chemical Development are responsible for the design and delivery of chemical manufacturing processes and controls that deliver active pharmaceutical ingredient for our medicines. We look to define the best route, optimise the process and continue to support improvements through the lifecycle of a medicine.
We currently have roles available for process development chemists. The responsibilities and requirements are outlined below.
The successful role holder will work in Chemical Development as part of a multi-skilled group responsible for developing and improving chemical manufacturing processes and controls. The role requires working across multiple internal and external interfaces (including analytical and engineering scientists and with external manufacturing organisations).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLES
* Contribute to the design of synthetic routes and processes suitable for scale up manufacture
* Develop process understanding of multiple stages of chemistry and transfer findings to internal or external manufacturing organisations
* Drive continuous improvement in our processes to reduce the cost of goods, reduce waste and environmental impact, improve yield or improve quality
* Assess and manage process risks arising from scale, equipment or process changes.
* Support problem solving when development or manufacturing issues arise
* Minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Chemistry
* Practical lab skills
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Successful candidates should have some experience aligned to the attributes below:
* Experience of chemical process development and support to scale up
* Awareness of a range of analytical techniques
* Ability to use literature databases
* Good collaboration skills
* Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
* Strong communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills
* Good information management (recording of experimental and results)