Up to £38.00 per hour
10 months ago
Our Portsmouth Client has a requirement for a Process Automation Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
The Process Automation Engineer acts as the main technical authority on Automation, Robotic and Industry 4.0 activities. You will co-ordinate ongoing automation development project with the target of making significant reduction in hands-on build times.
* Deliver the automation projects in line planned budget and milestones.
* Test existing automated equipment and analyse data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes
* Identify opportunities for new or improved automation processes to meet current or future requirements, raise Capital Expenditure requests and lead installation projects.
* Implement the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
* Identify any Manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion.
* Create purchasing specifications for bespoke automated systems where required
* Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package (LDS/ADS, programmes, tooling, etc.) which clearly define the manufacturing process and control it effectively
* Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture, Assembly and Automation methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
* Implement / conform to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
* Continuously develop own Manufacturing Engineering skill base. Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent professional experience (proven exposure to engineering within the space, aerospace or military electronics engineering sector).
* Experience of automating process preferably including cobots
* Capable of working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop, scope out and implement new technologies
* Proactive, with the proven ability to run small projects and deliver against technical requirement
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business
* Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
* Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
* Experienced in working within a matrix structure. Demonstrable team-working skillset
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with people of all levels of the business.