over 1 year ago
Seeking a high performing Private Client Services Tax Manager.
This position will have responsibilities in oversight of tax compliance for individual, gift, trust and estate tax returns for high net worth clients. Additionally, the candidate may also be responsible for compliance oversight with enterprise related returns, primarily for related party flow through entities.This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects while effectively producing a value outcome for our clients & the firm.
- Develop and execute tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs.
- Assist with identifying new and additional service opportunities from existing and potential clients through client interactions and recommendations.
- Communicate and interact closely with the client's advisors, such as attorneys and financial managers.
- Assist with compliance and advisory needs for enterprise related returns, primarily related party flow through entities.
- Research tax laws and prepare tax memorandums on technical issues.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply one's understanding as to execution requirements and provide effective instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, reach appropriate conclusions and apply appropriate technical authorities to support conclusions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an effective and accurate manner.
- Supervise associates and senior associates, providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance as appropriate & required.
- Possess a strong background in effective engagement management, knowing how to manage all aspects of client accounts.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention, and team-building activities.
- Participate in developing & presenting internal training and seminars on technical issues.
- 5-10 years of public accounting
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferable. Degrees need to be from an accredited college/university.
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas.
- Private client advisor experience, including enterprise entity compliance and advisory skills.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required - Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom, BNA Bloomberg and Checkpoint.
- Ability to effectively use Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to individuals, gifts, trusts, estates and enterprise entities.
- Knowledge and experience with flow through entities (i.e. Family Limited Partnerships, S-Corporations, Partnerships, etc.).
- Experience with various facets of state & local taxation, compliance & advisory, including sales & use, personal & real property, franchise and multi-jurisdiction income tax (Experience in other than multi-state income/franchise is valued but not required. A base level of multi-state income/franchise experience is expected).
- International experience and knowledge (This experience is valued but not a requirement of the position).
- Demonstrated experience in effectively building, interfacing and managing client base.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, critical/analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in our industry. In fact, it's our employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. Our Client is a successful, collaborative team of individuals who are interested in facing new challenges together. Their pace is dynamic, their projects are interesting and challenging, training is award winning and culture is nurturing. You will find our executives and team members truly care about your personal and professional success. As a people-centered firm, they offer a flexible work environment, provide opportunities for growth, and are committed to training and learning and want to see you advance to the next level in your career. They are looking for people with integrity who want a career - not just a job. Ask Anyone!
Some of the great benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) and discretionary profit sharing
- Free covered parking
- Free, onsite fitness center
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Dress for your day attire
- Anniversary cash program
- And much more!