Up to £50.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International are recruiting Welding Engineers to join our client, BAE Systems, in Barrow-In-Furness.
Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
* Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
* Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
* Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
* Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
* Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
* Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
Chartership with The Welding Institute - Essential
Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
Shift patterns subject to programme demand
Successful candidates will need to achieve SC clearance before a start date can be arranged.
Medical and Drug and Alcohol test will be required.