Up to £50.00 per hour
8 months ago
Morson International are recruiting welding engineers to join our client, BAE Systems, in Barrow-In-Furness.
Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
* Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
* Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
* Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
* Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
* Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
* Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level
Chartership with The Welding Institute
Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
Shift patterns subject to programme demand
Successful candidates will need to achieve SC clearance before a start date can be arranged.
Medical and Drug and Alcohol test will be required.