£50000 - £70000 per annum
3 months ago
We are searching for a Principle Process Engineer for our client on a permanent basis.
This is a unique opportunity to join an agile technical team of process engineers working on the front line with operational teams to develop innovative practical and digital process solutions. Our team delivers optimisation studies at feasibility, concept, optioneering and preliminary design stages to mitigate risk, return sites to compliance, or enable low or no build solutions to be provided for new permit drivers.
This is a home based opportunity with the requirement to travel to multiple sites on a weekly basis.
A lead / Principal Process Engineer is one of the company's leading specialists in process optimisation, design and operation. The role reports to the Asset Optimisation Programme Director and the jobholder shall have responsibility for thought leadership technical development of the function support to business development and work winning delivery of asset optimisation proposals and project execution in the water sector.
* To lead teams on optimisation studies at feasibility, concept, optioneering and preliminary design stages, with accountability for quality, budget, and schedule.
* Development of process optimisation schemes, initiatives, and solutions at both site and programme level. These schemes will mitigate risk, return sites to compliance, or enable low or no build solutions to be provided for new permit drivers.
* Provide technical thought leadership and strategic consultancy advise to clients and joint venture partners. Develop relationships with Key Account Directors Capability Account Leads customers supply chain and other third parties.
* To work collaboratively with business development, work winning and marketing functions to develop and tender new opportunities studies and major projects across new and existing clients.
* To provide process engineering support to construction and commissioning project teams.
* To develop of the Asset Optimisation function, to grow the capability and product offering both in human expert optimisation and digital solutions.
* Approval of process design calculations, reports, presentations and proposals.
Your Qualifications & Experience
* A degree qualification in a process related discipline is essential
* Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. CIWEM, IChemE etc.
* The candidate should have a minimum of 15 years' experience including significant knowledge and experience in the design, operation and optimization of wastewater treatment, water treatment and biosolids recycling plants.
* A background in an engineering consultancy or contracting design environment as well as operational utility experience is essential.
* Experience in the full project lifecycle: scoping, outline design, detailed design, construction support commissioning and handover. Ability to apply relevant industry codes, standards and guidelines for the water sector
* Proven background in process engineering definition including development of mass balance, data analysis, design calculations, technology selection, major equipment and package datasheet specification, process flow diagrams, process control philosophies and P&ID's
* Excellent commercial awareness and business development skills
* Proactive, self-motivated and solutions biased
* Strong interpersonal skills, collaborate and ability to influence senior colleagues
* Practical problem solver, not afraid to be hands on
* Excellent leadership and communication skills both internally and externally at all levels
* Strong technical writing skills
* Strong Engineering OT skills
* Excellent Business System and Software skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Comprehensive knowledge of the UK Regulatory environment