Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
A Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer is required the ideal candidate will have the ability to develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
They will be responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
- Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
- Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
- Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
- Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
- Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
- Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
- Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
- Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences A minimum of five years applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
2 years supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
HNC level qualification in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)