PRINCIPLE ENGINEER NUCLEAR PROPULSION MODELLING
We seek an engineer to undertake mathematical modelling for performance of integrated propulsion plant / power plant. Ability with MatLab is a must. Experience with GSE would be a bonus.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing mathematical models to assist in informing the design of submarines.
- Providing support to other functions of the business where mathematical modelling is required.
- Liaising with industrial partners and internal and external customers to update and manage the configuration control of models.
- Developing the simulation capability within the company.
- Validating models created against existing or planned trial and provide evidence for acceptance events and to demonstrate fitness for purpose.
- Documenting the progress made within or outputs from models generated capturing assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results.
- Ability to articulate technical argument clearly, logically and simply by attending and presenting at key stakeholder reviews.
- To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks.
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Seasoned in MathWorks products.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and nuclear systems.
- An ability to understand and process complex and detailed interfaces.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFO: WE SEEK SEVERAL PRINCIPAL ENGINEERS / MECHANICAL MODELLING / SIMULATION ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)