Rate on application
6 months ago
There is a requirement to modify a number of SRC and 15 Dock services and structures in order to provide a sustainable Fleet time docking capability in Devonport Dockyard.
The purpose of this Programme is to provide a flexible organisation to coordinate, direct and oversee all of the projects and activities necessary to safely deliver the above outcome to time cost and quality.
15 Dock, within the SRC, has been identified as the designated dock Fleet time docking of in service submarines. The Fleet Time Docking capability is key to sustaining submarines at sea.
A programme of assessments and physical works has been ongoing to maintain and improve the performance of the various systems and structures within the Facility under normal and extreme scenarios. However, this will not provide the necessary capability consequently, our client is mobilising a team to undertake the necessary work.
The Key objective of this Programme is to:
Safely deliver a reliable and sustainable Fleet Time Docking capability in 15 Dock.
Main Purpose of Role
As Responsible Engineer for Civil & Structural Systems ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
* Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
* Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
* Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
* Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with our clients Business Management System and Technical Manual.
* Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
* Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences The candidate should have:
* Experience of design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions particular experience in dock structures preferred
* Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings
* Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
Security Clearance Required