£60000 - £70000 per annum + Car Allowance
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
* Responsibility for the technical and commercial delivery of projects, with a specific remit to develop the business's rail Electrification, Power (E&P) and MEP capabilities.
* You will take responsibility for developing graduates and engineers in the E&P team through professional qualification with the relevant bodies and act as a mentor where necessary.
* The role requires business development capability and you will act as a primary contact for developing our relationship with key clients such as Network Rail.
* An appetite for winning work is important for this role and developing the business's capability to win "pure" Electrification, Power (E&P) and MEP work as oppose to work won by others within the company will also be a key performance indicator.
* You will work under the Electrification director in this role and will work together to develop the Electrification, Power (E&P) and MEP team in the local geography.
* Proven track record in railway Electrification, Power and M & E design and delivery
* Receive brief from Project Manager.
* Contribute to concept design.
* Develop detailed design for Project Manager approval.
* Attend design team meetings as appropriate.
* Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
* Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
* Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
* Prepare technical reports.
* Send detailed design information to external parties.
* Formulate the project specifications for construction.
* Respond to queries resulting from the tender process.
* Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings.
* Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering MIET