8 months ago
Purpose of Role:
Exciting new opportunity for a Contract Principal Systems Engineer seeking a new challenge. Our client has a wide range of products and projects, spanning the whole lifecycle from concept through to in-service support and disposal. They deliver, integrate, and support products in the Defence and Aerospace markets around the globe.
The systems engineering team manage the requirements definition, implementation, verification, and validation of systems to ensure that the project delivers to cost, quality, and schedule.
This is an opportunity to develop your systems engineering skills across the whole lifecycle in the underwater warfare and maritime domains. Products in these areas include:
Underwater Warfare: this includes working on game changing naval Integrated Sonar System (ISS), hull mounted anti-submarine warfare sonar system, lowed array sonar systems, surface ship and submarine torpedo defence and countermeasures, and distributed anti-submarine warfare systems (sonobuoys), including Multi -Static Active (MSA) technologies.
Maritime: this includes new build and modernisation solutions for naval combat systems, combat management systems, electro optical surveillance and tracking, weapon fire control and servo control and signature measurement solutions for both surface and sub-surface platforms.
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Supporting the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
- Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's or higher degree or have equivalent experience.
- Have significant experience in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecture and design
- System integration and test
- System acceptance, verification, and validation
- In-service support
* Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
* Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.