Crawley, West Sussex
£50 - £56.10 per hour
3 months ago
Principal Systems Engineer - Requirements Owner
Duration: 3 months
Rate: Up to £56.10 per hour LTD
Our client seeks a Principal Systems Engineer to work on an Electronics Countermeasures (ECM) project as the Requirements Owner (RO), on site in Crawley. It will involve working on a challenging programme to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the design, develop, build, test and trials phases of the programme.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Deriving Export SRD from recently URD and then assess compliance of SRD requirements against project design
- Requirements Management, requirements allocation, developing/maintaining specifications, developing functional architecture, generating system and sub-system requirements from Customer needs
- Originating, specifying and proving designs to meet project operational requirements
- Supporting forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans
- Supporting the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data
- Ensuring the product is delivered on time and to budget
- Supporting the management of project risks
- Supporting project 'teambuilding'
- Ensuring that project safety requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven Requirements Management ability
- Strong Systems Engineering knowledge
- Proficient with Doors
- Electronic Countermeasures knowledge
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).