£63.50 - £74.80 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Principal Systems Engineer (ECM)
Crawley - 6 month duration - Pay rate up to £74.80 p/h Umbrella or £63.50 p/h PAYE including holiday pay
This job description describes the requirement for a Principal Systems Engineer to work in the Secure Communications and Information Systems Land Communications Portfolio, specifically working within the Electronic Counter Measures and Vehicles domain. It will involve working on challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the build, test, and trials phases of the programme. You will be able to split your time between the client office in Crawley with flexibility to work from home when tasks allow. Anticipated time in the office circa 1-2 days per week.
- Prepare ECM system and subsystem specifications and interface control documentation, equipment against rigorous analysis and decomposition of the customer requirements and change requests.
- To support and contribute to the ECM product strategy, in particular in the domains of active and passive CIED (Counter-Improvised Explosive Device)
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the ECM programmes.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required.
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance, and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality, and cost.
- Proven ability with and understanding of ECM systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- An understanding of ECM architectures & operation.
- An understanding of ECM installation, commissioning and trials activities would be desirable.
- Proven ability of designing solutions to meet the stringent product demands of equipment operating in deployed military environments (environmental, electronic, power, security etc.).
- Able to derive and prepare system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Knowledge of Performance modelling, SWaP & Cost budget modelling.
- Requirements management, requirements allocation, developing/maintaining specifications, developing functional architecture, generating system and sub-system requirements from Customer needs. Use of DOORS desirable.
- To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- To support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
- To support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
- To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget
- To support the management of project risks
- To support project 'team building'.
- To ensure that project safety requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
- Capable of 'hands-on' implementation of design solutions and technical problem solving.
- Strong oral, written and visual communications skills, particularly in communicating complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering lifecycle activities including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Able to work with customers, presenting technical solutions or design reviews as required.
- Willingness to travel to both supplier and customer locations.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).
This role is expected to operate Inside IR35.