City of Preston, Lancashire
£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
6 months ago
Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Broughton (Preston, CH4)
Duration: 6 months
A leading aerospace and defence firm is looking to add an experienced principal system engineer to the team in Broughton. The successful candidates will be required to undertake a leading role within the Systems Design Team, supporting the design, build and certification of aircraft projects within the Airborne ISR, which is primarily in Broughton but may require occasional travel)
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Systems (aircraft). The work of the Aircraft Systems Design Team includes providing technical solutions and developing technical modifications to customer owned aircraft. T
What You'll Do
* Developing design solutions to meet new customer requirements
* Liaison with original equipment manufacturers and other suppliers to specify & gather detailed understanding of suitable documentation to facilitate installation / integration of design of 3rd party equipment and / or sensor systems
* Production of modification control documentation, and subsequent certification of the resulting modification with CAA, EASA, MAA and or other certifications.
* Support the engineering manager and business develop personnel in the preparation of design reviews.
* Liaison with the production organisation to solve problems in installation
* Initial system design and subsequent liaison with the detail design team to develop final solution in timely manner.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
* Significant proven understanding of EASA / FAA certification requirements
* Proven experience of developing technical specifications on and technically managing sub-contractors for A/C modifications and or packages of work.
* Proven experience of design, integration and certification of aircraft avionic and electronics systems in either civil or military environments
* Wide understanding of current avionic sensor and systems
* Knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle.
* Ability to work within a multi-discipline team.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).