Up to £50.00 per hour + Ltd company
12 months ago
Principal Systems Engineer
Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - 6 month duration (likely to extend) - Pay rate £50 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Principal Engineer to work within the Systems Engineering team of our client on the next generation of nuclear submarines.
- Working with the engineering teams to confirm compliance with requirements and generating evidence packs to be used in Acceptance of requirements with the customer.
- Managing Dreadnought Ship Specification requirements within the DOORS toolset and providing support to the engineering teams and customer in the management of change to requirements.
- Managing and maintaining of Acceptance within the DOORS toolset and Teamcenter including the development of an Acceptance schedule and generations of metrics.
- Supporting the engineering teams in the preparation for design reviews and spatial reviews including review of design documentation.
- Supporting engineering in the specifying of requirements for equipment contracts.
- Developing and maintaining general system design documentation templates and associated processes.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in relevant STEM subject such as Systems Engineering or any relevant experience gained on a large military project.
- Proven ability of a Systems Engineering approach
- Proven ability gained of requirements management and acceptance for complex defence projects.
- Knowledge/use of DOORS.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and customer representatives.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a full UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level, and be sole British nationals.