£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
Principal Supportability Engineer
Contract 6 Months
Pay Rate: 45.00 Ltd PH
Leonardo requires a Supportability Engineer (ILS) with proven ability to be part of all supportability aspects within the Land & Naval business. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that the support approach on our programmes, both current and future are fully understood and are consistent with our high standards and fully supports customer requirements.
* Has an understanding that the boundaries are always moving and with a desire to keep learning and contribute as a team with the ILS Manager to pushing the boundaries. A constructive innovator in his/her own right.
* Has knowledge of latest modelling tools and techniques. An expert knowledge of OPUS10 and SIMLOX would be an advantage.
* Ability to communicate clearly, to negotiate and listen.
The ILS Engineer will be responsible for:
* Carrying out Supportability Engineering capability within Land & Naval as directed by Lead Supportability Engineer. Ensuring that the current capability meets the program needs and delivering the future capability required by the business.
* Working with the Lead Supportability Engineer to continuously improve programme performance and identify future opportunities.
* Together with the Lead Supportability Engineer, demonstrate to the wider Land & Naval audience, both within Leonardo and to the wider support forums, the capability which shows why Land & Naval are the go to provider and subject matter experts in the field. The wider strategy being to attract support business from both internal and external customers.
* Negotiating with supplier and partners to enhance our capability
* Negotiating with customers to ensure that we understand their needs and address them
* Supporting bid submissions - both technical input and review.
* Adhering to and helping to enhance the Supportability Engineering process within Land and Naval - tailoring the company process to meet the Land & Naval needs.
* Ensuring that the correct tools are available within land & Naval to enable us to meet our commitments efficiently.
* Providing technical guidance as an ILS expert.
* Should be familiar with Def. Stan. 00-600 and the Defence Logistics Framework.
* Be familiar with use of AR&M tools within the company, including DRACAS, FMECA & RCM
* Attend Programme Design Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
* Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work.
Intrinsic job factors
* Core place of work Southampton, must be prepared to work out of Basildon as the need arises
* Overnight stays and travel probable
* Office and PC based role
WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL SUPPORTABILITY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN THE MILTARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)