£30.00 - £40.00 per hour
24 days ago
Principal Supportability Engineer (ILS Engineer)
Stevenage (PREDOMINANTLY REMOTE WORKING)
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Supportability Engineer to work in an integrated project team environment during the product's design and development phase, the successful candidate will be able to exploit their through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy customers' support requirements.
The successful Supportability Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* Conduct Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) on new and modified designs. This may involve any of the following tasks:-
* Ease of maintenance assessment
* Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
* Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA)
* Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
* Provisioning data compilation.
* Disposal analysis
* Supportability case preparation
* Life Cycle Cost (LCC) assessment
* Assessing and implementing change on existing logistics data
* Input of the results of the above into a data base.
* Undertake production of reports as requested by contract, customer, or project
* Solid Understanding of the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as level of repair analysis, reliability centered maintenance, task analysis, life cycle cost analysis.
* Knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure, and processes.
* flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS IDEALY WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)