7 months ago
Principal Supportability Engineer
Location: Remote working (some travel to Stevenage site)
Duration: 6 months
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Supportability Engineer to work in an integrated project team environment during the product's design and development phase, you will be able to exploit your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy customers' support requirements and other support-related business objectives.
Conduct Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) on new and modified designs. This may involve any of the following tasks:
- Ease of maintenance assessment
- Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
- Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Provisioning data compilation.
- Disposal analysis
- Supportability case preparation
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC) assessment
- Assessing and implementing change on existing logistics data
- Input of the results of the above into a data base.
- Undertake production of reports as requested by contract, customer, or project
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Track record in the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as level of repair analysis, reliability centered maintenance, task analysis, life cycle cost analysis
- You must have a sound knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes
- You must be able to solve challenging problems within tight timescales
- You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).