£39.22 - £44.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Principal Engineer - Support Engineering (Technical Support & Authoritative Advice)
Barrow, Cumbria - 12 month duration - Pay rate £44 p/h Ltd or Umbrella Company or £39.22 PAYE including holiday pay
The TS&AA Principal Engineer will deliver a proactive and agile technical response service to the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), Royal Navy (RN) and other Submarine Enterprise partners to assist the delivery of operationally available submarines.
- Provide specialist knowledge in responding to engineering queries raised by the MOD customer or Submarine Enterprise partners relating to the design, safety, maintenance and operation of the equipment and systems installed in, in service Submarine platforms.
- Provide Authoritative Advice, in accordance with the extant governance processes, for Astute-Class equipment in response to engineering queries raised by the MOD Design Authority.
- Provide extant design information in the form of technical publications and drawings from sources where MOD or Enterprise Partners do not have access.
- Liaise with MOD to raise Task Approval Forms (TAFs) for tasking not covered under core contracts.
- Provide support to the MOD customer for the management of Operational Defects (OPDEFs) raised by Submarine platforms.
- Provide support to the MOD customer during Astute Class submarine Incidents, liaising with the Barrow shipyard, furnishing specialist advice as required.
- Provide support to the MOD during non-office hours in response to urgent OPDEFs.
- Provide support across the In-Service Engineering functional areas, including Safety, Design Change, Training and Learning from Experience (LfE).
- Provide support to the appropriate Engineering and Support Managers in the preparation of briefs and reports for both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System technical information from previously published sources.
- Support to the provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System Authoritative Advice, in accordance with the extant governance process.
- Provision of Platform / Combat System technical information for legacy Class submarines from previously published sources where still available.
- Provision of real-time support to In Service Submarines (ISM) / Combat Systems Group (CSG) customer for OPDEFs.
- Provision of real-time support to ISM for submarine Incidents.
- Identification of issues for inclusion in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Management of Query Management systems.
- Provision of reports to support both Internal and External reporting requirements.
- Evidence to support the Performance Reporting process.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy submarine operating profiles.
- Knowledge of MOD Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) processes.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety & Environmental policies and SHE.
- Good communication skills and be able to interact with the MOD, RN and other Enterprise stakeholders.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a live UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.