£40.00 - £42.69 per hour + Ltd, negotiable
3 months ago
Principal Software Engineer
Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria - 12 month duration - Pay rate £42.69 p/h (negotiable)
We are looking to recruit a Principal Software Engineer to work for our defence client based in Barrow, you shall be working on the next generation of nuclear submarines for the Royal Navy and this is expected to be an ongoing duration.
- Ensure Software requirements are adequately flowed into the design baseline.
- Interact with Engineers to ensure that the software components within System Designs are adequately managed and Design Documentation is acceptable.
- Review the software content of Technical Specifications for equipment and systems.
- Assess the software content of tenders and provide software specialist input to vender selection panels.
- Liaise with Safety, to ensure a coherent approach to software management is applied.
- Liaise with Software Suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
- Witnessing of testing at the Suppliers premises.
- Prepare acceptance evidence for Software and submit to the appropriate MoD requirement owner for acceptance in accordance with the acceptance submissions process.
- Undertake impact assessments in support of change submissions, engineering cost trade-offs or defects, concessions and issues that may affect Software.
- Produce and compile evidence in support of the Software and Software Safety Requirements.
- Contribute to the identification and rapid closure of defects and issues emerging from testing and trials, and maintain oversight of any resulting change embodiment or concession activities.
- Articulate and present complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply.
- Provide assurance to the Business that software related activities are being undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, plans and processes.
- Support the build, setting to work and commissioning of software related systems.
- Ideally a degree qualified Chartered Engineer in Software or Systems engineering or a closely related discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- Proven ability of Software development in a modern software engineering environment from requirements through design, implementation, testing and acceptance.
- Proven ability with and understanding of current Ministry of Defence software policy.
- Understanding of current International software standards including software safety.
- Proven ability of ISO 9000 Tick IT and CMM.
- Proven ability in software quality assurance, auditing and acceptance testing
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the work involved all candidates will be required to hold a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC Level) prior to starting. For candidates with an existing SC clearance this will be transferred to the client, for those without a live SC a new application will be sponsored by the client.