Principal Software Assurance Engineer
Aerospace and Defence
Up to £61.92 per hour
29 days ago
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £48.18 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday allowance) or £61.92 per hour Umbrella
This role is to provide software assurance activities required to meet the needs of a broad range of systems, including technologies such as industrial control systems, smart instrumentation, PLCs and programmable hardware. In this role we are looking for someone to:
- Ensure Software requirements are adequately flowed into the design baseline.
- Interact with Engineers to ensure that the software components within System Designs are adequately managed and Design Documentation is acceptable.
- Review the software content of Technical Specifications for equipment and systems.
- Assess the software content of tenders and provide software specialist input to vender selection panels.
- Liaise with Safety Engineers, to ensure a coherent approach to software management is applied.
- Liaise with Software Suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
- Witnessing of testing at the Suppliers premises.
- Prepare acceptance evidence for Software and submit to the appropriate requirement owner for acceptance in accordance with the acceptance submissions process.
- Undertake impact assessments in support of change submissions, engineering cost trade-offs or defects, concessions and issues that may affect Software.
- Produce and compile evidence in support of the Software and Software Safety Requirements.
- Contribute to the identification and rapid closure of defects and issues emerging from testing and trials, and maintain oversight of any resulting change embodiment or concession activities.
- Articulate and present complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply.
- Provide assurance to the Business that software related activities are being undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, plans and processes.
- Support the build, setting to work and commissioning of software related systems.
PROVEN ABILITIES / KEY SKILLS
- Software development in a modern software engineering environment from requirements through design, implementation, testing and acceptance
- Knowledge and understanding of current Ministry of Defence software policy
- Understanding of current International software standards including software safety
- ISO 9000 Tick IT and CMM
- Software quality assurance, auditing and acceptance testing
- MOD defence contracts, standards and working practices
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum)