£47.24 - £53.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Principal Software Engineer (Assurance)
Weymouth - 12 month duration - pay rate £53 p/h Ltd or Umbrella Company or £47.24 p/h PAYE including holiday pay
We are looking to recruit a Principal Software Assurance Engineer to work for our client on naval software and systems projects for a Submarine Combat Systems Programme. You will be working within the Combat Systems and Software Engineering Assurance Department. Flexible working is possible including working from home.
- Software Assurance role
- Independent scrutiny or engineering work
- Chairing design reviews
- Looking at the work going on, across combat systems in all areas
- Determine whether the work is good enough, looking at design maturity, where they should be and where they are and what risks come with that
- Assessing maturity of the work
- Software development (development activity is happening across a range of languages (C, C++, C#, Java and Ada)
- Software management
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good software management practices to your work
- Engineering management
- Software procurement - looking at software the client acquires, understanding the software lifecycle and checking it is heading in the right direction
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations (Inc. DSA 02, JSP 430, Def Stan 0055 & 0056, Def Stan 02-207)
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering / Physics / Maths / Science).
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.
This role is expected to operate Inside IR35 from April 2021 onwards.