Up to £69.05 per hour + Umbrella
25 days ago
£69.05 per hour umbrella / £61.54 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Responsibility for the development, production and upkeep of Site Safety Case documentation as delegated by line management.
- Agree with stakeholders any implementable requirements within their delegated area of responsibility in the Site Safety Case.
- Audit and document the implementation of Site Safety Case requirements.
- Responsibility for the production of Nuclear Site Safety documentation, as delegated by line management.
- Ensure that line management is aware of any shortfalls or additional requirements in meeting the agreed programmes and budgets.
- Ensure that all training and development requirements for themselves and any team members for which they are responsible are identified to appropriate line management.
- Support line management to ensure that sufficient project analysis is undertaken to plan work efficiently, provide project status and identify risks and mitigation features.
- As delegated by line management, promulgate advice and information to departments, organisations and authorities on all issues related to the Nuclear Site Safety Justification, as relevant to their interests and to ensure that nuclear safety is not compromised.
- Ensure that their delegated area of responsibility presents clear and concise safety documentation for review, assessment and acceptance by the Licensee and relevant regulatory authorities in a timely manner.
- Provide information to stakeholders as relevant to their delegated area of responsibility to support the implementation of the Site Safety Case.
- As delegated by line management provide a source of advice to relevant departments and authorities on safety case standards for nuclear facilities and services during design, construction (or modification) and commissioning.
- As delegated by line management interface with internal and external safety/regulatory authorities and other third parties.
- Provide input to line management on the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System.
- Produce and maintain all Site Safety Case documentation in accordance with departmental Process Instructions and User Guides as detailed in the Safety Management System.
- Undertake Independent Peer Review of Site Safety Case documentation in accordance with departmental Process Instructions as required or delegated by line management.
- Undertake Stakeholder Review of relevant documentation as required or delegated by line management.
- Produce and maintain Process Instructions and other relevant management arrangements as delegated by line management.
- Attend internal meetings as required for their area of delegated responsibility.
- Develop and mentor less senior members of the Site Safety Case team as required.
- To be conversant with the Quality and SH&E Management Systems, specifically the processes and documentation, training & risk assessments associated with your particular function and deploy to Site Safety Case team as required.
- Producing numerical safety risk analyses (FTA & ETA, PSA Levels 1 & 2) in support of the Nuclear Site Safety Case
- Liaising with other stakeholders to inform the production of safety analysis and the implementation of safety case requirements
- Representing the Site Safety Case team in discussions with a range of stakeholders, including the Regulators
- Compliant with Nuclear Training Management Arrangement (NTMA) requirements.
- Compliant with all health and safety requirements for the role and position.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or physical sciences)
- Producing technical reports to support safety cases
- By preference they would also have some experience in doing reliability analyses of complex systems, and an understanding of Human Error prediction and how it fits into numerical safety analysis