Up to £60.00 per hour + Hourly Ltd rate
8 days ago
12 month contract
PRINCIPAL SAFETY ENGINEER
Our client seeks a Principal Safety Engineer to carry out a range of Safety Engineering activities and analyses on all areas of a Submarine Combat System; including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication systems.
This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably practicable.
The work could be based out of the client's sites in either Frimley, Surrey or Weymouth, Dorset.
- Product safety management system
- Safety assessment
- Safety case and safety case report
- Safety, HF and operability requirements capture and management
KEY SKILLS AND PROVEN ABILITY
- Demonstrable ability in safety engineering and contributing to the production of product safety cases.
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Maritime Navigation
- Command and Control Systems
- Sonar Systems
- Virtualised Networks
- Radio Communications
- Radar Systems
- Underwater Weapons
Due to the nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the UK Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining UK Security Clearance (to SC level minimum).