Up to £53.00 per hour
25 days ago
12 month contract
PRINCIPAL SAFETY ENGINEER
Our client seeks a Principal Safety Engineer to carry out a range of Safety Engineering activities and analyses on all areas of a Submarine Combat System; including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication systems.
This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Product safety management system
- Safety assessment
- Safety case and safety case report
- Safety, HF and operability requirements capture and management
KEY SKILLS AND PROVEN ABILITY
Demonstrable ability in safety engineering and contributing to the production of product safety cases.
- Relevant engineering qualification such as BEng/ MEng or equivalent proven ability
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Maritime Navigation
- Command and Control Systems
- Sonar Systems
- Virtualised Networks
- Radio Communications
- Radar Systems
- Underwater Weapons
Due to the nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the UK Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining UK Security Clearance (to SC level minimum).