Principal PSA Specialist
Location: Devonport Royal Dockyard
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Up to £65 per hour LTD
The successful candidate will lead the delivery of Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA) and the provision of specialist professional safety knowledge and expertise relating to PSA, to recognised standards, minimising business risk and meeting the requirements of all relevant contracts, statutory legislation, external regulatory bodies and classification societies.
Principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop and maintain 10 Dock Project PSA Strategy
- Deliver PSA to meet key project safety case milestones (including submission of PCSR)
- To inform the design development through the identification of opportunities for risk reduction and to contribute to demonstration that risks are ALARP
- Manage the PSA team
- Produce and maintain PSA models
- Produce PSA reports to support safety submissions
- Provide interface with other MIP project PSA teams (incl. 5 basin and 15 dock)
- Liaise with the NSRP TA on PSA issues
- Support regulator engagements where required
- Participate in PSA working group
- To produce the project PSA strategy
- To ensure the adequate execution of agreed PSA strategy to time, cost and quality.
- To ensure that the PSA adequately reflects the existing and/or proposed design and operation of the relevant facility and/or activity.
- To ensure that the PSA meets all relevant project technical requirements
- To be the project representative on all PSA activities, working groups and forums
- To manage all assigned PSA activities and outputs through;
- The provision of resource and technical related input to the planning process
- Ensuring that PSA activities are integrated within the project plan/programme
- Establishing regular stakeholder meetings to report progress on technical, cost and programme performance i.e. ensuring adequate stakeholder management 1
- To lead the provision of quality checking services and provide support to other areas of the company by providing a verification service to an agreed scope or area of expertise (where required in relation to PSA)
- To provide specialist safety advice/direction to the safety case manager, Design or Project Managers, DSM and teams, as appropriate
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of the management and preparation of all categories of nuclear safety documentation.
- Extensive proven ability in the development of PSA and associated assessment work (including Reliability Assessment, Fault Tree Assessment, Human Reliability Analysis). To include Level 1, 2 and 3 PSA techniques.
- A sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice associated with relevant disciplines, post and project requirements and in project requirements and in project specification, planning, project management and budgeting.