22 days ago
We are urgently recruiting for a Principal Project Manager for our Client to be based in Dorchester , Dorset. The individual will be accountable for the safe overall delivery of complex, large value and/or high risk projects so as to achieve favourable outcomes in respect of customer satisfaction, time, cost and quality, and manage all aspects of the client relationship including scheduling and contractual change control.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Working with bid teams to scope projects and determine requirements, including exclusions and assumptions.
- Providing cost and delivery estimates and quotations, including margin and cash flow analysis.
- Contributions to tender preparation.
- Preparation of project schedules.
- Reading and interpreting project specifications.
- Working with the project teams to plan resource requirements, project milestones and deliverables.
- Preparing project budgets and developing a cost base for the project.
- Preparing key planning documents such as Project Execution Plans, Risk Register, Delivery Schedule, etc.
- Generating resourced and costed schedules of work (Microsoft Project or Primavera P6).
- Setting up project files and templates.
- Controlling project costs.
- Reporting internally on project performance.
- Tracking and reporting internally on the financial performance of the project including spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasted completion costs etc. using the Company's Business Management System.
- Manage change control throughout the project including Early Warning Notices and Compensation Event Notices.
- Managing the project team.
- Develop a cost base for the project.
- Project Close-out
- Planning/managing contract close-out review meetings.
- Compilation of Lifetime Quality Records.
- Overall responsibility for the EHS&Q of the project including Safety Plans and ensuring subcontractors conform to all EHS&Q requirements in liaison with the EHS&Q department.
- Ensuring compliance with company Quality Policy and procedures.
- Flow-down of quality requirements to external suppliers.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of managing complex, high value (>£10M) and/or high risk projects, preferably within the UK nuclear or other highly regulated industry.
- Senior experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Proven background in commercial Tier 2 contract management.
- Proven background in pre and post contract negotiation.
- Proven experience in contract change management.
- Extensive risk management experience.
- Substantial contractual understanding, particularly NEC 3.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Commercially focused and financially literate.
- Proven team leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent written, numerical and communication skills.
- Full Membership of APM (MAPM) or PRINCE2 qualified.
- Tertiary engineering/technical qualification such as HNC, degree or equivalent experience.
- UK Driving License