4 months ago
Principal Project Controller required to be responsible for the development/production and analysis of business data and is able to communicate/present this analysis to the CAM/Project Population. Provide support into the more complex Control Account Manager population to enable effective management of costs, schedule, risks and opportunities and resources. Provide analysis of Earned Value Management (EVM) Data and variance reporting to the CAM population.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Produce project related documents and data in accordance with procedures and produce reports, typically to pre-defined formats and with regular business cycles.
* Carry out detailed analyses, assessing and effectively communicating potential impact on the project to actively support the decision making process.
* Assist in monitoring project progress and identifying emerging issues and trends. Work across the Programme team to rectify issues.
* Input and extract data from appropriate computer systems to assist in the collection, summary and analysis of data.
* Carry out System/Process development and creation, distribution and analysis of ad hoc reports.
* Support and advise the CAM's on delivering the work content of the control account (Statement of work) to support resource estimating. Provide timely inputs to the Company BRP Process to ensure required resource is available to carry out the defined scope of work.
* Support to Control Account Manager's in their analysis and reporting on cost and schedule performance in line with the monthly reviews and support completion of arising actions.
* Carry out general governance of Work Packages [Open/Close/Data Validation etc] at appropriate, authorised level.
* Support regular cost and schedule baseline maintenance and support through the Performance Measurement Baseline Change Request (PMBCR) process.
* Produce robust metrics and management reports required through the CAM Review process and CSR Reviews.
* To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules.
The Principal Project Controller will be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft packages, a highly skilled user of EVM Tools and Techniques with a HNC / Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification and LCM Awareness
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.