£0.00 - £40.00 per hour
8 months ago
Morson International is looking for Principal Procurement Officer for BAE Systems in Barrow In Furness.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Principal Procurement Officer to join a prestigious program and growing specialist team focussed on developing and implementing an international strategy to deliver a £multimillion return in Offset for BAE Systems.
This is a position for an energetic and entrepreneurial minded candidate that is willing to accept a degree of autonomy whilst working as part of a team in a complex start-up environment and, includes the support of a highly experienced team of Procurement Professionals that will help you achieve your professional growth.
The team are based in Barrow in Furness but the role involves international travel as required between the UK, Sweden, India and the USA, working with Senior Procurement leaders across a number of BAE Systems business units, in collaboration with the BAE India Supply chain development team.
The Principal Procurement Officer will focus on ensuring that the delegated tasks and responsibilities are carried out in support of the end to end supply chain and team objectives with full awareness of the success criteria
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement - Offset or their delegate.
- Finance, Commercial and IPT members
- Other Procurement function team members
- Suppliers (India)
- Customers (UK, USA, Sweden)
- BAE India Supply Chain development team members
- Completion of all delegated objectives on time
- Management of outsourcing requirements
- Managing customer expectations
- Accuracy of data input and extraction from the SAP MRP System
- Structured Bid analysis & down selection criteria
- Managing one or more strategic supplier and Work proactively to ensure that suppliers meet their commitments and the Business / Programme success criteria are achieved
- Ensure data on SAP-MRP System reflects agreements with supplier and is used, as appropriate, to review supplier performance within the programme team and building effective relationships with Suppliers and Internal Customers
- Manage the introduction of changes into the supply chain, working with the Multi-Functional IPT to ensure that issues are addressed appropriately.
- Resolution of supplier queries with the support of the BAE Business Unit
- Provide support to team members to ensure success of the Offset team goals and strategies.
Qualifications and experience, (preferred but not essential)
- MCIPS or working towards MCIPS qualification
- A career background in Procurement is preferred however a background in Business Management, Legal, Project Management, commercial or Finance would be considered.
- Experience of working within a Procurement role within Engineering design and Manufacturing
- Experience in working in a Customer focussed environment
Continuing Professional Development
- This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic individual keen on personal professional development with the support of a highly experienced Procurement team to provide a structured development plan in a number of specialised areas in Procurement. The Candidate will also be expected to attend formal internal and external training courses.