Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Principle Process Engineer
To develop, review and issue all process engineering deliverables required for FEED and detailed design projects. To lead smaller Projects with reporting directly to the Engineering manager/Project manager
Reporting lines and interactions:
Hierarchically reports to:
OOPS Lead Process Engineer
Junior Process Engineers (A3's and A4's)
Key Interactions (internally, externally):
Internally: Project Team Discipline Leads, Engineering Manager, Process engineering team
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
* Design and development of process systems at FEED and detailed engineering.
* The candidate will be required to check work of junior engineers and lead smaller projects reporting directly to the Engineering Manager/Project Manager.
* Expert knowledge of relevant international codes, Client and project specific standards and procedures.
* Deliver continuous improvement and develop best practices, work processes and tools incorporating lessons learned.
* Attend and participate in project meetings and provide technical reports.
* Participate in design reviews and technical impact assessments / reviews.
Raise and discuss key and critical technical issues with the Engineering Manager
* Participate in project audits / reviews, e.g.: QRA, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL during the engineering design.
* Provide support and technical assistance to construction, hook-up and the commissioning of new facilities in both onshore and offshore environments.
* Be flexible and have the ability to work on more than one Project simultaneously with the ability to prioritize to meet all Project schedules.
Typical background and experience required:
* Degree in Chemical Engineering.
* Chartered Engineer / Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers.
* Extensive experience, of at least 10 years, in upstream oil and gas Process Engineering for FEED / detailed engineering.
* Skilled with HYSYS simulation tools for static modelling.
* Skilled with Flarenet modelling for flare system hydraulic sizing
* Good and sound knowledge of international standards used within oil and gas process engineering (API-520, API-521, API-14C, etc.)
* Experience with detailed PSV sizing, blowdown calculation and design of flare systems (in line with API-520, 521)
* Sound knowledge of process control and safeguarding, classification of hazardous areas and evaluation of process hazards.
* Proven experience in preparing various process deliverables associated with FEED and detailed design projects such as Heat and Material Balances, PFDS, UFDs, P&IDs, lists, equipment sizing calculations, equipment and instrument datasheets, etc
* Conversant with international oil and gas facilities design codes and standards.
* Awareness and sufficient understanding of other engineering disciplines and there requirements from the process engineer, in order to optimally integrate the multi-discipline project team.
Nice to have:
* Post Graduate qualifications in related areas of expertise.
Please send your CV