£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Company Car, Pension, Healthcare
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Our client are a leading railway infrastructure business with expertise within delivery of multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets covering electrification, track, power, signalling, civil, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
To ensure that a Ballastless Track Form Design (Slab Track) is carried out to the satisfaction of the company and the Client meeting the primary objectives of safety, quality and value within the constraints of track form chosen.
The Designer will demonstrate effective commercial management with a keen focus on change management and early warning of matters that may have a project impact.
- Ensure design is compatible/compliant with Client remit.
- Maintaining the company database of ballastless track systems up to date.
- Apply mandatory regulations (e.g. CDM)
- Apply geometrical design requirements to ballastless track system
- Create and Apply design office procedures
- Engineering degree with relevant experience or
- Minimum HNC with experience in Track
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Awareness if the different types of Ballastless Track Forms available and their relative strengths and weaknesses
- Familiar with the RSSB "T1073 Loading Requirements for Track Systems"
- Understand and familiar with prEN 16432-1 Railway applications - Ballastless track systems - Part 1 - General requirements
- Understanding of and competent in Concrete Design Principles and Applications
- Understanding of and competent in bridge loadings.
- Knowledge of concrete construction techniques and constraints.
- Geotechnical understanding for Design of Beam on an Elastic foundation.
- Ability to specify and interpret ground investigations.
- Appreciate the Noise and/or Vibration characteristics of track forms.
- Professionally qualified (member of a recognised Institution e.g. PWI, ICE, IMechE)
- Project Management trained
- Familiar Permanent Way Alignment Design (plain line and S&C)
- Familiar with design office practices.
Our client are flexible regarding working location in either Liverpool, York or Derby.