£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Company Car, Pension, Healthcare
Rail Technical Team
9 months ago
Our client are a leading railway infrastructure business with expertise within delivery of multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets covering electrification, track, power, signalling, civil, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
The successful candidates will report to a Senior Engineering Manager or Engineering Manager. The Principal Engineer may be appointed as the "Contractors Responsible Engineer" (CRE) or the Project Manager of a design project as the need arises
Requirements of the Role
Principal Engineers are technically accountable for a team of typically 15 engineers and draughtspersons, delivering design and consultancy engineering.
Leads the technical and engineering aspects of an engineering project has a strong combination of technical, innovation and leadership attributes, focusing on:-
- Design Engineering drawing and document production in Railway Overhead Line Equipment
- Technical Assurance including requirements capture, verification and validation techniques
- Innovative, accurate and high quality technical solutions
- Problem solving in rail environment
- The technical Leadership of People including providing training
- To act as CRE
- Degree (or HND with significant experience) in electrical, mechanical or Civil engineering.
- Client facing technical environment.
- Ideally Chartered Engineer or working towards this.
- Member of a recognized professional institution.
- Experienced in development of designs for Railway Electrification
- Leading technical teams and driving to meet deadlines in complex solution environments.
- Railway Systems and Electrification knowledge essential
Our client are flexible regarding working location in either Liverpool, York or Derby.