£40.00 - £45.43 per hour
9 months ago
We are looking to hire a Principal Obsolescence Engineer. In this role you'll be working as part of a dedicated team to help our customers meet their objectives by providing innovative and tailored support solutions.
Working as a key member of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) you will be responsible for defining and delivering the obsolescence strategy for a major avionic support contract.
* Define and agree the Obsolescence Management strategy for the programme
* Agree the Obsolescence Management plans with the Customer
* Manage obsolescence on the programme in line with the agreed plans. Reporting KPI's and putting any corrective actions in place that may be necessary
* Provide technical leadership, assistance and direction on obsolescence to the programme
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience and knowledge.
* Knowledge of obsolescence modelling, prediction tools and techniques.
* Able to undertake technical problem solving activities in obsolescence management
* Good understanding of in-service support principles
* Good communicator who is able to engage with internal and external customers at a senior level to ensure customer's expectations are being met.
* A background in Integrated Logistic Support, Electronic / Component Engineering and Avionic Systems would be useful
* Significant avionics in-service support business experience in a support planning and implementation environment would be an advantage.
* There is some flexibility in where this role is based (Edinburgh, Luton, Basildon or RAF Coningsby).
* In this role you will involve significant travel within the UK, to Customer and Supplier / Partner sites. A limited amount of overseas travel may also be required.