Up to £50.00 per hour
20 days ago
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Air & Fluid Systems)
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a leading defence company on an initial 6-month contract at their base in Barrow. Working on auxiliary systems in support of their submarine programmes, this role would be ideally suited to someone with prior experience on Nuclear Power or Naval Defence projects. Prior experience designing pressurised air or fluid systems for operation in underwater environments would be an advantage.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £50.00 per Hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
* Execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements & identify and implement opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individuals are maintained and improved.
* Responsible for the production of mechanical systems diagrams (e.g. air, hydraulics, sea water, cooling water systems) and technical specifications for pumps, compressors, etc
- In addition, you will produce supporting calculations and undertake design reviews to support the issue of the diagrams.
* Support the transverse teams (safety, ILS and human factors) in producing the documentation that underpins the design.
* Undertake design reviews and presentations to customers
* Liaise with internal and external customers as required, ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated, where appropriate, and agreed.
* Degree in mechanical engineering
* Experience with High Pressurised Air or Fluid Systems
* Submarines experience (Astute) would be an advantage
* Strong team player, confident communicator
As a Principal engineer, you are expected to have a broad range of experience in different areas of system and equipment design. Prior experience working on Naval Ship Systems would be a distinct advantage, otherwise engineers with demonstrable experience in nuclear, offshore or oil & gas will be considered.
Ideally you will be highly experienced in working within multi-discipline engineering teams on complex marine defence projects.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Principal Mechanical Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.