Up to £52.17 per hour
18 days ago
Principal Engineer - Mechanical
12 Months Contract
Pay rate £52.17 Ltd per hour
To execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements. Also to identify and implement opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained and improved.
* To confirm beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit, that the assumptions underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results are, or have been, validated.
* To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
* To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks as directed.
* To articulate and present complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply
* To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
* The applicant will be a mechanical engineer with a background in fluid mechanics, including the design of pumped systems for flow balancing across complex piping arrangements and variable demands.
* Extensive, demonstrable proven ability with fluid mechanics analysis tools (e.g. FLOmaster) is essential
* A background in Submarines would be advantageous.
WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)