Up to £50.00 per hour
7 days ago
Our Client based in Barrow In Furness has a requirement for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
To lead and manage a team of professional Manufacturing Engineers in delivering highly complex, cross functional tasks and products whilst managing stakeholder and customer requirements. Utilise extensive technical background, and detailed knowledge and experience of working in at least one of the specialist Manufacturing Engineering sub disciplines e.g. Manufacturing Build Planning, Dimensional Management etc., to deliver optimum Production outputs.
To lead and manage a team planning and co-coordinating their activities to meet departmental and business requirements. E.g. including responsibility for training and development, with attention directed towards achieving formal professional accreditation.
To provide specialist advice, product or process knowledge, and output requirements. Utilising innovation and creativity to solve problems and implement continuous improvement.
To manage scheduling, planning, budgets, performance, task management, delegation, activity delivery, configuration control stages and detailed gate reviews and governance of outputs prior to formal release.
To chair technical meetings and reviews (as necessary), that support the Manufacturing Engineering end deliverables.
Liaise with and manage stakeholders, including Internal and External customers as appropriate.
Apply appropriate tools (hardware, software and process etc.) to deliver the necessary outcomes e.g. Life Cycle Management, Production systems etc. These are to be undertaken with agreed toolsets and with stakeholder support.
Undertake appropriate peer reviews e.g. Audit compliance to mandated procedures etc.
Act as a Technical lead for a sub-discipline area within the discipline / Project and act as an approved signatory.
To provide supporting information to Senior Management for determining the team resourcing requirements, and to maintain the correct manning levels in line with the agreed Engineering Plan.
Support business justifications to implement new and replacement technologies / equipment into Operational areas.
* Deliver results within timescales and costs (with safety considerations first at all times)
* HNC with extensive Manufacturing Engineering experience OR Appropriate degree with some Manufacturing Engineering experience
* Ideally CEng / IEng accredited, or be actively working towards achieving this accreditation
* Leadership and Management Qualifications / Programmes or equivalent (either already awarded, or willingness to obtain)
* Project Management experience which enables them to manage small projects
* The ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues
* To have an excellent understanding of all relevant tools (software based or otherwise)