St. Albans, Hertfordshire
7 months ago
This candidate would need to be proficient in the following roles: AutoCAD Civil 3D Microdrainage Co-ordination and integration of building foundations and drainage Section 106 application Environment agency negotiations Flood Risk assessments
1. Assist the Project Manager and Associate Director in effectively delivering sustainable, cost effective and safe infrastructure design solutions for a project or the part of a project you are responsible for.
2. Deliver effective project managed infrastructure designs of a project or part of the project you are responsible for.
3. Maintain technical infrastructure excellence and control of a project or part of a project you are responsible for.
4. Carry out infrastructure design delivery and maintain technical control of a project or part of a project you are responsible for.
5. Manage infrastructure resources with the Associate Director to effectively complete the project or part of a project you are responsible for.
6. Support, guide and train engineer.
7. Understand and implement my clients Safety Health and Environment Policy. Job/Project
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards and this Job description should be viewed in conjunction with that for a Line Manager if appropriate.
1. Receive brief from Project Manager and Associate Director and seek additional information should it be required.
2. Discuss programme and deliverables with the Project Manager and Associate Director.
3. Liaise with departmental specialists to provide further technical assistance to supplement the infrastructure team capability. This also include external specialist such as suppliers.
4. Produce feasibility design options and reports to support planning and preliminary costings.
5. Produce an outline scheme with alternatives in the form of report and drawings.
6. Produce sustainable, cost effective and safe designs, drawings and specifications including all checking processes identified in the IMS and for all RIBA stages.
7. Ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the IMS system, relevant standards and codes of practice.
8. Compile design reports and any other contract documents required and ensure that these are approved and verified by the project manager.
9. Undertake designer's risk assessments as required under the CDM regulations at the appropriate stages.
10. Carry out site visit / out of office risk assessment and contribute the risk assessment prepared by the lead project manager.
11. Liaise with the design team, main contractors and sub-contracts. Attend progress meetings, design team and co-ordination meetings.
12. Liaise with Statutory Authorities to obtain existing information and the necessary discharge permissions, requirements and connection approvals.
13. Respond to tender and construction queries from contractor and team and respond to requests for information/advice/approval from internal and external clients.
14. Participate in 'snagging', completion and handover procedures including the production of O&M Manuals.
15. Keep up to date with legislation and other design codes and practices.
16. Ensure safety health and environment procedures and documentation are implemented and completed. General Accountabilities:
1. Complete timesheets on a weekly basis allocating time correctly and accurately against work stages.
2. Monitor and manage work within financial and programme constraints.
3. Understand commercial constraints and progress on the projects.
1. Ensure implementation of the IMS system, which includes risk management procedures, QA and financial processes.
2. Understand the commonly used forms of contract and their implications to the consulting Engineer.
3. Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest possible areas for improvement where necessary.
4. Understand and implement Health and Safety Policy as prescribed in IMS.
5. Support the Project Manager and Associate Director in all technical reviews identified in the IMS.