Up to £45 per hour
3 months ago
Key Responsibility Areas:
In this broad electronic engineering role, you will work across a range of projects throughout various stages of the product lifecycle from initial concept development through to early life production support and on to support of existing fielded designs, all within the Land Vehicles area.
The product development responsibilities include requirement capture, schematic capture and PCB Layout (Dx Designer and Expedition - Mentor Graphics), circuit simulation (eg LTSpice, Hyperlynx), driving the design review process and collaborating with other engineering functions and manufacturing.
You will also be responsible for devising and implementing all necessary design verification tests and supporting documentation required to allow your new designs to transition into production.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
* First or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) in Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics) with preferably some specialisation in electronic techniques.
* Experience in cabling design, build and installation for land vehicles
* Strong digital circuity design including designs of boards using complex FPGAs
* Extensive experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
* Experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
* Experience in System level and sub-system integration and Debug.
* Electro-Optics experience beneficial
* Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink would also be beneficial.
* Design of engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
* Present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
* Undertake project tasks covered by a statement of work, detailing input, processes and output together with cost/timescale constraints to ensure delivery of project objectives.
* Able to complete work with minimal supervision.
* Able to mentor, coach and develop more junior members of the team in order to develop overall capability.
This is mainly an office based role using display screen equipment but you will also work in a development lab and occasionally in a production area in a clean room environment. Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad-hoc basis will be required. Occasional travel within the UK and abroad with overnight stays will be required. The nature of the programmes involving electronics design means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full UK SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require the ability to access caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.