Up to £0.00 per annum
9 months ago
For a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, working on a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects. Our purpose is to shape a better built and natural environment for people to live, learn, work and play. We have ambitious growth plans as part of our 2025 vision and are now expanding our rail team. Our rail team has a respected reputation in the industry, which has developed as a result of our success in delivering for our clients. The team capability is civils/structures biased and in addition, the delivery of multi-disciplinary rail projects is led by the team. Typical projects involve bridges, stations, buildings, lineside structures, culverts, drainage, car parks, depots and temporary work. Services include surveying, examinations, reporting, assessments, design, site supervision and engineering assurance.
We now have a position for a Principal Engineer to join our newly formed Assessment team. The ideal candidate will have:
· An ability to lead design teams in the design of railway structures. Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
· An ability to design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. Experience of producing designs to British Standards and Eurocodes will be required. This must have entailed the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
· An ability to assess railway structures including platforms, canopies, bridges and buildings in accordance with relevant standards. Experience is essential.
· An ability to lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspection work will be required.
· An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
· An ability to line manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees. Experience of doing so will be expected.
· An ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project commercial activities. Experience will be required.
· An ability to promote and develop the business in conjunction with the Directors and other management team personnel.
· A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English.
· Thorough understanding of engineering principles.
· A minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject.
· A relevant professional qualification.
· Relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
· UK driving license.
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, engaging workload, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects. We can also offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
The company is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special needs that you may have.