Principal Engineer - Systems Engineering (x2)
Location: Broad Oak
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £60.92 per hour Umbrella or £54.30 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday allowance)
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of programmes and projects, helping design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines.
- You will work with other technical specialists and may manage a team of other engineers to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
- You will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities in your area of responsibility, be able to identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping them to support their submarines that play a critical role in the nation's defence.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Motivated engineer who can take responsibility for their own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner
- Capable of supervising others
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Proven ability of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
- BAE Systems welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help ensure that they provide the best products into submarines. They are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work with them to participate and contribute to the important work that they do.